Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
• Your name, address, date of birth, mobile telephone number, call data records including Traffic Data and Location Data, voice mail recordings.
• If you contact our Customer Services Department, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including copies of e-mails and your e-mail address. We may also monitor or record any telephone calls made to our Customer Services Department for quality assurance.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.yoursimpal.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or our mobile telephone services and products.
• Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for the resources that you access.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services. For example, now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
• We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
IP addresses and cookies:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about a user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store your personal data:
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your Personal Data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your Personal Data, Your simPal cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information that you transmit to Your simPal online.
Uses made of personal data:
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
• Supplying the Products and Services to you,
• Providing you with service information, for example about Network faults,
• The prevention or detection of fraud,
• Market research and profiling your usage and purchase preferences, and
• Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Your simPal may also use your Personal Data to contact you by post, telephone, e-mail or SMS to let you know about services provided by Your simPal.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the young people that engage with us through our support services for young people. This may happen on particular areas on our website, at events and at schools. If you are under 18, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. When we collect information about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this information and how it will be used. We take particular care with such personal information relating to young people.
Inappropriate website content:
If you post or send any content that we believe to be inappropriate, offensive or in breach of any laws, such as defamatory, abusive, or hateful content on our forums or social media pages, if necessary, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies. If you are receiving support from your simPal at the time of the breach of this policy, your simPal reserve the right to withdraw support with immediate effect.
Links from our website to other websites:
Please be aware that our website provides access to other websites by linking to them. We are only responsible for the privacy, content or security of the Your simPal website.